Play Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon D/P/Pt FAQ

Go down

Pokemon D/P/Pt FAQ Empty Pokemon D/P/Pt FAQ

Post by Steelix Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Diamond, Pearl and Platinum FAQ/Quick Guide

This guide has contributions by The Hunk and other contributors. To make it readable and actually presentable, Hiroshi Sotomura and Matthew put their muddy paws on it. The older FAQ can be found here.
Please note that posts after this one most likely won't be updated.

Frequently asked questions

What's to 'soft reset' and how do I do it?
To soft reset is to reset your game without turning your DS off and on again. Just press L+R+Start+Select at anytime and your game will reset.

How do I get SHINY Pokémon?
Shinies appear randomly, either in the wild or via eggs. Any Pokémon without set characteristics can be shiny, including starters. The chance to get one is about 1/8192. The chances do not increase if you breed two or more shinies with each other.

What are the orange dots trailing me on the Sinnoh Town Map?
The orange dots indicate your recent movements between areas. There are five dots that mark the places you've moved between.

Where is the 3rd gym leader? She won’t go back to her gym!
Fantina isn’t the 3rd gym leader. You must proceed from Hearthome and arrive at Veilstone City – the third leader is there. Fantina is the 5th leader – she does not arrive until you learn about Sinnoh’s history in the Celestic Town Shrine.
In Pokémon Platinum, you can battle her as soon as you arrive in Hearthome.

Why do I need the National Dex? How do I get it? How do I get to the remaining parts of Battle Zone?
The National Dex is required to capture the remaining legendaries, and see Pokémon that can be collected when Game Boy Advance games are inserted in Slot . It is required to get into further areas of Battle Zone as well. You can get the National Dex after seeing 150 Sinnoh Pokémon (Manaphy, Sinnoh Dex’s 151st Pokémon, is not included) by visiting Professor Rowan's lab.
In Pokémon Platinum, you need to see all 210 Pokémon in the new Sinnoh dex, Manaphy's data can be obtained, after beating the Elite Four, from the book on Mr. Backlot's desk. (on Route 212)

How do I get the Poké Radar?
You must have already obtained the National Dex (see above). By visiting Professor Rowan's lab, Professor Oak will visit and give you the Poké Radar.

I can’t catch Dialga or Palkia in my game to complete my Sinnoh Dex! Where do I find it?
After you see all 150 Sinnoh Dex Pokémon, the old lady living in a house right atop the Celestic Town Shrine will show you a picture of the Pokémon you need. Either Dialga or Palkia will then be registered into your Sinnoh Dex.
In Pokémon Platinum you can catch both Dialga and Palkia after beating the Elite Four.

How do I get my Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald onto Diamond or Pearl? How do I get to Pal Park?
Read the instruction manual yet? You should have the National Dex first. Then, go to Pal Park at Route 221 and learn about it there. To upload a Pokémon from a GBA game into your DS card, connect a GBA cartridge into Slot 2 of your Nintendo DS. On the main menu, you are given the option to download Pokémon from your game. This only works with Pokémon GBA games that have the same language as your DS game. The Pokémon you download into Pal Park will be taken off the Game Boy Advance game and will not be transferable back into your old game.

Remember you can't transfer Pokémon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver or Crystal in any way to Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

Where do I get Eevee?
Bebe, the PC System owner, is sent an Eevee from a friend from Johto after you get the National Dex. Her house is next to Hearthome’s Pokémon Center. Eevee can also be found in the mansion backyard at Route 212.
In Pokémon Platinum, you can get Eevee as soon as you arrive in Hearthome.

How do I get Eevee's new evolutions?
To evolve Eevee into Leafeon (grass-type), go to Eterna Forest. You'll see a strange rock near the exit to Eterna City, the Moss Rock. Level up Eevee near the rock and it should evolve into Leafeon immediately. In the case of Glaceon (Ice-type), go to Route 216, and you'll see another similar rock at the north. Again, level up Eevee there, too, to evolve it into Glaceon.

I need to track Mesprit and Cresselia!
The Pokétch's "Marking Map" app is used to track them down. Talk to the Pokétch Company's president to obtain the app.

Where do I get my Friend Code?
Once you have beaten the first Gym Leader in Oreburgh, go down to the basement of the Pokémon Center. Teala, the attendant at the basement, will explain the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection system and give you a Pal Pad. After connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time, your Friend Code will be assigned to you, which you can see if you open the Pal Pad and choose the respective option.

Where do I find the Move Deleter?
The Move Deleter is located in Canalave City (the city with the harbour), in the house below the Pokémon Center.

Where do I find the Move Tutor?
The Move Tutor is located in Pastoria City (where the Great Marsh is), in the house next to the little lake. A Heart Scale is required for the exchange of teaching your Pokémon a move. Some Pokémon can additionally learn attacks such as ThunderPunch and Fire Fang.

Where do I find the Name Rater?
The Name Rater is located in the tall building, next to the Pokémon Mart in Eterna City.

HELP! My Pokémon has a Neutral smilie in its stat screen!
That smilie indicated that your Pokémon has been infected with and cured from the Pokérus, a virus that helps your Pokémon grow faster.

Are there any special or hudden box wallpapers?
This link contains detailed information, but it varies with each player's IDNo.

HM locations
•HM01, Cut is given by Cynthia in Eterna City.
•HM02, Fly is found in the Team Galactic warehouse.
•HM03, Surf is given at the Shrine in Celestic Town.
•HM04, Strength is found on the top floor of the Lost Tower just outside of Solaceon. (In Platinum it's on Iron Island)
•HM05, Defog is found in Pastoria Great Marsh.
•HM06, Rock Smash is given to you by a Hiker in Oreburgh Gate.
•HM07, Waterfall is given to you by Jasmine in Sunyshore City.

Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Legendary Pokemon

Dialga or Palkia

You should bring Poké Balls before you arrive at Spear Pillar. You will encounter Dialga or Palkia depending on what version of Pokémon you have once Team Galactic’s Boss awakens it. Your rival will arrive to heal your Pokémon, but you should have items prior to climbing the mountain. Dialga or Palkia are found at Level 47.

Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie

After battling against Dialga or Palkia, these Pokémon are located at Sinnoh’s three lakes. All three are found at Level 50 in the caves of the lake. Mesprit runs away and must be tracked with by the Marking Map app (see the Pokétch Company’s president for the app).
The Pokémon below require the possession of the National Dex.
Heatran

Once obtaining the National PokéDex, you will be able to access the entire island of “Battle Area”, which can be accessed by taking a boat from Snowpoint City. Between Survival Area and Resort Area is Stark Mountain, where Heatran may be found.

As you browse Stark Mountain, you team up with Buck, a trainer owning Claydol. Help him through the mountain’s largest crater until you reach the northern exit. There, he’ll pick up an item and leave.

Buck will be staying at a house in Survival Area. Speak to him for a moment before he runs off again. Heatran will appear at the northern end of Hard Mountain, waiting for a battle.

Regigigas

There is a temple in Snowpoint City made inaccessible if you don’t have a National Dex. Once you do, you can enter it. Bring Regirock, Regice and Registeel with you. Browse down the temples of the floor until you find him. He will only battle if you have the legendary trio with you.

To battle Regigigas, you need Regirock, Regice, & Registeel in your party (which means that you have to transfer them over via Pal Park first). Once you do that, you can enter the Snowpoint Temple and go through a few ice puzzles to reach Regigigas. The first puzzles are easy, and get increasingly harder as you reach Regigigas. It will be at Level 70, but has the trait Slow Start, cutting its Attack & Speed in half for a few turns, so use that to your advantage. If you don't have the other Regis then Regigigas will still be there, but it will be asleep and unfightable.

Giratina

When browsing Route 214 (south of Veilstone City), a bunch of trees in the east direction at the southern end of the route should clear out. You should then be able to access Turnback Cave. After using Rock Climb to get up this mounted lake, get into the cave and browse the numerous exits to get to the room where Giratina lies.

Cresselia

In a house near the port of Canalave City, a sick child needs a Crescent Feather to allow him to get well again. After speaking with the residents in the house, a sailor will volunteer to sail you to Full Moon Island. Cresselia is found there, but it flees upon sight of you, leaving the feather. Deliver that to the sick child. Cresselia flies around the region and can be tracked using the Pokétch’s “Marking Map” app.

Pokémon Platinum specific

Dialga and Palkia

You can meet both Dialga and Palkia at Spear Pillar once beating the Elite Four and obtaining the National Dex.

Giratina (Origin forme)

In Diamond/Pearl where you met Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar, in Platinum, you instead go into the Distortion World, where after exploring it for a while, you'll run into Giratina (in it's Origin forme), if you don't catch it now it'll be available at it's Diamond/Pearl location inside Turnback Cave. (in it's default forme)

Regice, Registeel, Regirock

If you trade over a movie/Toys R Us Regigigas, three caves open up in Sinnoh.
•Regirock is in a cave located in the middle of Route 228.
•Registeel is in a cave located inside Iron Island.
•Regice is in a cave located in Mt. Coronet, just before the entrance to route 216.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

After getting the National Dex, talk to Professor Oak in Eterna City, he'll tell you that the birds have been spotted in Sinnoh, after which they'll be roaming around and you'll be able to track them on the tracking app.

via Mystery Gift

(only reflecting Pokémon which are currently/have been obtainable in the US/EUR/AUS.)

Darkrai

From August 3rd and September 13th, 2009 the Member's Card is available for download (over Wi-fi) via Mystery Gift. Afterwards go into the previously-locked inn at Canalave City, once inside you'll be transported to Fullmoon Island and be able to catch Darkrai. (You have to have gotten the Lunar Wing from the Cresselia sidequest first)
Steelix
Steelix
Admin
Admin

https://playpokemon.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down